EFT ~ Emotional Freedom Techniques
Commonly known as “Tapping”
Effective – Practical & Research-Based
Energy is the Blueprint; the Interface between the Mind, Body and Emotions ~ Gary Craig
Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) was first introduced to the public back in 1995 by Gary Craig. It integrates the Chinese meridian system into the therapy process by tapping on meridian points with your fingertips.
Properly done, it reduces conventional therapy from months or years to a fraction of that time (often just a few hours is needed for permanent results).
There are numerous internet versions available, each no doubt with something to offer, however, I use the official, original and Gold Standard Process in my practice and this is what you can expect to learn from me.
Is it becoming increasingly difficult to hide your distress?
Have you run out of steam and finally feel willing to consider something different, however reluctantly?
EFT therapy can help you to:
- Feel happier, lighter and more energetic
- Understand why you were depressed and how to prevent it
- Feel calmer
- Find relief from (traumatic) stress symptoms
- Feel better – recover from fears and phobias or heal trauma
- Find relief from previously ‘bottled up’ feelings
- Enhance your social skills
- Bring your essential emotional needs more into balance
- Increase your awareness of your innate and acquired resources
- Increase your confidence and self esteem
The Benefits of EFT
- Releasing the effects of Abuse
- Dealing with Addictions
- Process Anger
- Overcome Depression
- Resolve Eating Disorders
- Overcome Exam Nerves
- Fear of Public Speaking
- Recovering from ME/Chronic Fatique Syndrome
- Relief from OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Learn to manage Pain
- Alleviate Panic Attacks
- Release memories and effects of Trauma/PTSD
- Release Stress and Anxiety
- Overcome Phobias & Fears
- Effective technique to Stop Smoking
- Learn what’s really going on and Release Excess Weight
- Increase your confidence and self esteem
Treating you differently
A trained EFT therapist works in a very solution-focused way and you can expect the following kind of experience:
- make the process as painless as possible
- not dwell on the past unnecessarily
- aim to help you to feel better after every consultation
- give information and advice if needed
- explain how your brain works with regards to emotion
- help you to access the same relaxed state as when you dream
- increase your knowledge without jargon or ‘psychobabble’
- use a variety of techniques as appropriate
- calm high levels of emotions as soon as possible
- encourage new understandings and solutions
- adapt the therapy flexibly and uniquely for you
- support you when difficult feelings emerge without dwelling on them
- be aware of research in psychology, neurobiology and counselling
- help you overcome your problems in as few sessions as possible
- consider the effects of therapy on the people close to you
- teach you to relax deeply
I am always open about my thought process and the approaches I use because I consider the work to be collaboration.
Here are some of the issues I work with:
- Emerging from depression
- Becoming less anxious, more relaxed, more confident
- Healing traumatic memories that may be inhibiting or upsetting you in the present
- Improving your relationship with yourself
- Improving your relationship with others
- Taming a harsh inner critic
- Mastering panic attacks
- Overcoming phobias
- Grieving in a healthy way
- And other issues as well
Regardless of the issues, my overall goal is to provide a place that is welcoming and confidential where you can engage with a skilled psychotherapist to create positive changes in your life.
My Unique Approaches
I don’t confine myself to any single theoretical orientation. I utilize a variety of approaches favouring brief solution focused (BSF) methods
My practice is influenced by Positive psychology, Human Givens psychology, Internal Family Systems, Focusing, Emotional Intelligence and Positive NeuroPlasticity Therapies.
It's All About You
I may have a favorite theory or therapeutic technique that I tend to use more often or fall back on, but I am always willing to and often use all that are available to me.
After all, the key here is to help the client as quickly and as effectively as possible ~ Not to pigeon-hole them into some set way of looking at all people, whether it works for them or not.
Contact me if you could benefit from a therapist who will work with you to find the solutions that YOU want, efficiently and effectively.